Sunday, February 24, 2008

Barter Clogs

I've always been a fan of well made toys. I love, love, love HABA toys and all of my children have had some to play with, especially in the early years. I had a renewed interest in them however with the recent scares/concerns over lead in the materials that make up toys. So when Z was on her way I made a conscious effort to make sure that the toys that were to be for her early years were safe. Either hand made in the US with safe, if possible organic materials, and I added a few more toys from HABA.
Some of them were used and some were new. A few of the used ones came from my dear friend Vicki. Her girls have outgrown them so it was time to pass them along. We decided to barter. The first installment was the socks I completed right before Z was born.
Here's the 2nd installment.
You can see from this picture before felting how oversized they are.

Here they are after felting.


They turned out just like I watned them to and only after 10 minutes. I hoep they fit just right and if they need a little tweaking, Vicki can re-wet them and custom felt them the rest of the way!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Virtuous said...

I really liked them! What a great way to show your friend how much you appreciate her!

Janet Richards said...

What a great trade! I'm sure Vicky will love them

Jennifer said...

great job

Karina said...

awesome!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are adorably cute! So "you"! :) Love em!

~Elizabeth