Monday, February 25, 2008

Firsts

First:
lace
shawl
cables
beaded row counter

I found The Luxurious Nursing Shawl in my new Nature Babies book and knew that I needed to tackle lace to have one, an added bonus is that I am also learing how to make cables! At my knitting group meeting I also learned how to make beaded row counters like the one to the right of my work. This is the first knit shawl that I have made. I have always wanted to learn these things. I guess I was just afraid to try before.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Virtuous said...

Fearless knitting!

Love that pattern with the cables!

And the yarn looks yummy!

I am doing my 1st real lace project too! :o)

Janet Richards said...

Go girl - it looks great. I love the yarn in that pattern too!!!! You will be very far along by the time I get to see in in person!

Jennifer said...

0ooooo, that looks really good. can't wait to see it finished