Monday, March 07, 2005

Crochet Baby Sling

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I finally finished! This project took a couple of evenings. I crocheted this sling in 4/4 Foxfibre Colorganic Yarn. It should darken to a nice green with washing. I'll have to take a picture of me wearing one of the boys with it later today. I used the pattern that I found for crochet slings at Jan Andrea's Baby Crafts site until I got to the back of the strap and then I started my own thing. Instead of decreasing after the shoulder shaping was completed and then increasing to join to the sling body I wanted it wide for support down my back but also wanted some ventilation due to the fact that crocheted coton can be really thick and heavy. I really like how it turned out. I hope that it's pretty on, with baby!
I'm thinking about taking out the strap and re-doing it totally in the mesh part that is peeking through under my arm. and at a shorter length because it stretches too much right now. I would still make the shoulder solid though.
For more neat patterns for making things for baby check out Jan's site. Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Janet Richards said...

The photo is not displaying :( I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Wrinkleyold said...

You are an awesome woman! Blessings on you and yours!