Sunday, February 08, 2009

Purly Valentine Swap

I love swaps, and I love being spoiled. . . it's one of my love languages. My knitting group the Charlotte Purls had it's 2nd annual Purly Valentine swap yesterday. Last year I became a part of Purls after the swap was assigned so I got to look on as all of the lovely packages were exchanged and I decided then that I didn't want to miss out this year. My partner was Tanesha, a very talented crocheter who I have often admired her work. This is my package from her!

She gave me 2 skeins of Hempathy which is one of my all time favorite yarns! She must have seen my twirly skirty because this is the yarn I used to make that. I plan to make a summer tank top with this. She also included a heart notebook. As a mom of 3 I always need a place to write notes and lists and keep up with things. She also picked out a pencil case that would be perfect size to carry needles or crochet hooks/accessories. Then for the yummy goodies she went to my favorite grocer, Trader Joes and scored organic Fruit leathers and the most delicious cookies I've gotten from a store, Molasses Chews! I love these cookies so much that I get a package almost every time I go to Trader Joes. This came in handy yesterday because I had some to share and still got to take some home after the meeting. Thanks Tanesha it was such a blessing to have you as my partner!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: