Saturday, November 05, 2011

SAFF 2011 haul

SAFF 2011 haul by mom2rays
SAFF 2011 haul, a photo by mom2rays on Flickr.
The Southern Animal Fiber Festival in Henderson, NC is a fun annual event the third weekend in October that I like to attend. I went both for pleasure, and to help a friend with her 10 week old while she taught some classes. Little Josh was an angel, and I got my shop awn ;-}
I love the creativity, handmadeness, and experience of SAFF. It's hard to explain, so I will just say, if you get a chance, just go! I ran into some of my favorite indie dyers, but didn't really buy much in the usual vein of fiber and yarn from them. This was a first, but I'm OK with it. I have been blessed with much yarn and fiber so no need to add to the stash at this time.
I got some things I have been wanting though:
A tumbler from Plays In Mud Studio. I love the mug I bought from her my first SAFF and decided if she was there that I must get a tumbler as well.
A handmade brass shawl pin that is low profile. Sometimes I want something small for smaller shawlettes and scarves. This one is perfect!
Shampoo and conditioner bars
and some commercially made items that I love.
Oh and not pictured, but in my flickr stream are some hand stamped ceramic buttons that have the most unusual finish.
I'm hoping next year my entire family will make the trip to SAFF and we can turn it into a camping weekend. Oh and I forgot the art batt from lunabudknits, on the bobbin above, on my wheel here as I finished spinning it up thick and thin. . . Lunabudknit art batt spun wildz

No comments: