Monday, May 02, 2005

Charm'sKnit sweater finally finished!!!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I knit this in Paton's Classic Merino. It's a Debbie Bliss pattern from Easy Baby Knits, Shawl-Collared Jacket. It's bigger than I planned. I made the 18-24 mos size. I didn't check guage. It may fit him this coming winter. If it's too big then I'll have to decide if I'll wait another year or Felt it down a little.
He was having a bad morning when I attempted to get him to try it on. He ran away kicking and screaming so it's just laying on my bed now. He's normally really happy to try on stuff I make for him.
I really enjoyed making this one and want to make a similar style sweater for Rocky possibly on my knitting machine. I just got a pattern today from Ultimate Knitting Mag Fall 2002. It's a cabled pattern so I'd be learning all kinds of things to make it. I also want to make one for M eventually but for now I don't really have one planned.
It worked up faster than I thought it would. I started this way back in August and it sat on kneedles for months. The other night I finished the final sleeve, front and collar detail and sewed the seams and added the buttons. I still need to get some lables. I haven't found the right ones yet for the stuff I make my boys.

1 comment:

Christi said...

I just love this sweater! I love it even more in person! it looks great!