Monday, May 02, 2005

Summer Crochet Poncho/Skirt


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I put these pics on the other night but I'm just now getting the time to update the entry. My laptop is down and with my little ones sitting in my office on the pc just doesn't work unless I want someone to get into my yarn stash or sewing shears or rotary cutter or serge themselves. . . both boys are very curious and very mobile these days so everything below 36" is fair game! What Mardie can't reach Charmie pulls down for him. I swear sometimes they communicate with eachother.
My sister made the Shells & Roses Poncho by Coats & Clark sans the rose. . . I really liked it so I decided to make one of my own likewise sans rose. I used TLC Cotton Plus yarn, 3 balls. I chose this color because I think it's gorgeous and it goes perfectly with my crochet dress. . .but this poncho does not! LOL, too much crochet!
I modified the pattern with 2 less shells. It fits as either a poncho or a skirt, however I need to make a slip of sorts if I am going to wear it as a skirt.
As a poncho it hits a few inches below my elbow. As a hipster skirt it hits almost at my knee. I'm 5'2" so I"m a shorty!
I love how this turned out.

2 comments:

Karla said...

Love that and love that color!

raquel sim said...

I love the poncho you made! It turned out beautiful! Congratulations! I found your blog precisely by making a search with "Shells & Roses Poncho". I was looking for a bigger picture than that in the Coats & Clark website, which is too small.