Friday, September 30, 2005

I felted my balls


Image hosted by Photobucket.com and here they are.  I love these little things.  I am going to want to make many many more of these.  I guess I will be able to because I have plenty of scraps.  I used 2 short washes in my front loader and then manually felted them another 30% at the kitchen sink with some good old hot/cold water and lots of rubbing.  I am glad that I did this extra step, but honestly I wouldn't have if the balls would have felted equally with the different sections.  It's interesting to me to see how different yarn felts.  Both the orange section facing and the 2 sections to the right with multi colored yarn were yarns that I got in natural color and dyed myself and both didn't felt as well as the other yarn that was purchased already dyed.  Note to self, those yarns don't felt so good. 



Speaking of handpainted yarn.  I can't wait for my hanks to finish drying so that I can see them wound into balls and start a project with them!

No comments: