Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I've got no buttons, I've got BIBEADTONS!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



And finally I have a completed coat!  I was looking for something unusual so when I couldn't find the buttons I wanted I made my own bead buttons from glass beads.  I love how these button like closures turned out and I think I even have enough beads left over to make a piece of jewlery!
I used 2 different kind of beads for each bibeadton. A smaller round bead and an elongated tube bead. I passed the anchor thread from the back to the front of the coat, through the round bead then through the tube bead and back into the round bead then through the coat front to back, two times per bead. I had to use pliers a couple of times because the needle wouldn't pass through the bead with it's width and all of that yarn. It makes a glass toggle like button from two beads, i've never seen them before elswhere so I will call them bibeadtons!


I got the idea of using beads after using a glass pendant bead for the closure on Jaime's bag. I think I'll be using more beads on my work. It's really neat to combine two things that I really love into one in a unique way.

Here's the detail of my bibeadtons


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


 

4 comments:

Janet Richards said...

creative solution! I like it and can't wait to see the coat in person!

doreen said...

I brought it by when Rocky and I brought over J's bike and C's helmet but you were still working so I'll keep on trying to get to you! :D

Jennifer said...

wow, they are really pretty. i love that idea, ur bibeadtons are very nice. ur coat turned out nice:)

Christi said...

WOW!!! I love it!!