Saturday, August 05, 2006

Where superhero costumes come from

Rocky and I will be serving at our denomination's camp www.carolinacamp.com this year and we are going to be working with the pre-teen campers and mini campers. . . kids under 12! Our theme is going to be superhero camp. We are going to show them hero's in the Bible and lead up to telling them about Jesus, the greatest superhero of all time. One of the messages we are going to teach them about the Armor of God and then let them build their own superhero costume. You can't have a superhero costume without a cape so I had to make them before camp. Here are the 61 capes. My mommy helped with cutting them out and I serged them all. Whew, that's my sewing for a couple of days. . . Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

man girl that's alot of capes, but i know that it will bless the children alot!!

Karina said...

wow, what a job!

Nik said...

girl,

sewing/crafting 61 of ANYTHING is no small feat. I am not worthy. those kids would have had to use some old walmart plastic bags as capes. (My little brother used to stick his arms through the bag handles and make capes out of the bags.)

doreen said...

LOL, Nik, plastic bags! Use what you can. I used to use baby blankets. My mom would have freaked out with me playing with plastic bags!