Saturday, September 22, 2007

Weaving Project

My sis has started weaving and of course being the little sis I had to tag along. I borrowed one of her simplest/least complicated looms and yesterday afternoon strung it up. I want to make some wash cloths. I used teal cotton for the warp threads and am weaving through a foxfibre organic cotton chennille on the weft. The white at the beginning of the weaving is waste and has been removed since I've been able to advance the weaving once already.
I don't like the setup process, it seemed long and tiring. I didn't like weaving on my lap, but on the kitchen counter it was much easier. I made progress this am to the point I'm going to advance and start washcloth #2. Basically I need to put on a LOT of warp and then I can weave to my heart's content!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janet Richards said...

Weaving!!!!! I'm jealous you are getting started before me. Looks good!