Sunday, August 21, 2011

The rough section


The rough section
Originally uploaded by mom2rays

We went for a ride yesterday at a park in Albemarle. I was out of sorts and not prepared for it. So I didn't start my cycle computer app and have no clue on our distance or speed. It was rough through the woods, very uneaven terrain, steep hills, quick turns, switchbacks and even a few downed trees over the path. I believe I need a more skill to do well on paths like this.
The boys had a similar hard time. Their issues were skill and the limitations of their bikes. Today they are sore from using different muscles than they are used to.
Z enjoyed herself being trailered behind Rocky until we stopped for him to try a technical area, she got out of the trailer and was bitten by fire ants.
Freshly painted nails and fire ant bites
 If we do this trail again, I will be better prepared. Actually, I am going to better prepare for all of our future rides. At least the bites occurred after we were clear of the woods and Rocky could sprint to the truck and retrieve our first aid kit quickly. Needless to say, our ride was over after the bites.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

that's so awesome that ya'll are doing that as a family! when ever we go bike riding we go on paved trails, lol.