Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Two Bihns run errands

Well today I spent some time making over my blog.  I hope that it's a pleasure to read for all.  I wanted to share something that is a pleasure for me.  

In my pages section I have a  list called tools of the trade where I feature some of my favorite things.  Some of my recent favorites are my Tom Bihn bags.  Pictured here are the Little Swift in Vulcana Hemp/Recycled Rubber as my purse and an Shop Bag in Ultraviolet Dyneema as my mailbag.  

For years I have searched for a quality, useful bag system and I believe I have finally found it.  

I fell in love with these bags way back in 2007 when I was searching for the perfect knitting bag.  I found the Swift.  I didn't buy one then, it wasn't until the end of 2010 that I finally bought one of their bags, and this year I finally got my first full sized Swift.  

n+1. . .
My bags have had babies, and I now have bags for travel, shopping, library trips, the beach, post office runs, day trips, my laptop, edc's and of course knitting.  

I love how the organizer pouches fit and clip into the bags to add infinite pockets and organization.  Due to the fact that they come in different sizes, and different materials and are removable they work to organize whatever bag I am currently using easily by sight or feel.  

I also love the durability of the fabrics and findings, most of them USA made.  Many owners from 15+ years report still using their bags as they look nearly new.   I love the real cork, recycled rubber/vulcana hemp and Dyneema fabrics.  They are so unique and original just to TB bags.  They work well in different settings and make the bags very versatile, durable and aesthetically pleasing.

I have yet to find anything that doesn't "go" with the cork or the hemp fabrics in my wardrobe.  And I use the Dyneema shop bag (plus his 3 friends) weekly to haul heavy loads of groceries and there is no signs of stress or fail!

The fact that I had the opportunity to go to the factory in Seattle, meet the employees, talk to Tom Bihn himself and see how the business is run (on a day they were not open to the public no less) really makes this company stand apart.  

A real business giving Americans real jobs, both in their product, but the resources to make their products.  Very rare, and hard to find.  To top it all off, Tom stands behind his merchandise and will repair or replace it if it has been through normal use (care instructions) and has failed during it's lifetime.  Hardly any company offers this anymore for their products, let alone products that are used daily.  

Oh, and these bags make great gifts! 

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Followed your Tom Bihn forum profile here.

I'm having trouble deciphering the code you use for listing all of your Bihn bags and accessories. Could you list them here? Just curious. Would love to read more of your experiences with Bihn wares.

--MtnMan