Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I'm felting again!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Here's a bag that I made from this Magknits pattern.  Pre felted measurements are 9"x5" base 11" height and 9" drop on handles while laying flat.
I've finally gotten the felting process down to one cycle in my front loader.  I put the piece in a closed pillow case.  I add a towel or two for agitation.  I pour into my detergent cup a small amount of detergent and 1/3 cup of baking soda, approximate ammounts here.  I then pour in a kettle of boiling water as it's filling for each step of the wash cycle.  Here's a picture of the finished bag.  I need to make some firm cardboard splints to shape it but for now here it is.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Post felting measurements are 8"x3.5" base 6" height and 8.5" handle drop while hanging.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

i like it. looks nice.

Janet Richards said...

cool - I can't wait to see it. I am done w/ my bubble bag and just need to finish the handles. I will need to follow your advice on felting faster.

Christi said...

I like it! Im going to have to get you to make me a bag! Im getting jealous of all these cool bags you make :)