Thursday, August 18, 2005

A redeemed failure


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I finally finished my sweater.  This pattern is from Vogue's Knit.1 magazine Spring/Summer 2005 using LB's Homespun.  I started this back in June and was done knitting the sleeves, back and front side pieces but needed to join them together.  I started with the shoulders and was not liking what was happening with my sweater.  I proceeded though to add the first sleeve and as I finished sewing it in and adjusted the sweater to look at my work I saw disaster.  The sleeve was horribly offset.  I couldn't figure out what had happened but I lost the ability to continue.  It looked as though all of my knitting was lost.  I dejectedly removed the seam to sew in the sleeve.



So the sweater sat unfinished in my wips bag until last night when I carefully measured and pinned and remeasured and adjusted the pins to set in the sleeve.  It worked ok, so then the next sleeve, and then the side seams!  Then I just needed to knit on the front ribbing around the edges and weave the ends.  It came out better than I ever imagined after my first set back.  I just have to find the perfect button!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

it looks beautiful!

Christi said...

very cute!!

Jennifer said...

just so u know...k and i were at the mall yesterday and we saw a sweater that was knit(not by hand of course) the pattern was almot exactly like urs. we figured u can start selling ur clothes to sears (where we saw the sweater) it was selling for like $26.00. lol.