Saturday, December 31, 2005

I did it!!!!

I can't believe it. . . I got down to the wire and just on the last day of the month, last day of the year finished it! My office/crafting studio is finally cleaned and organized. (I still have eBay/Amazon stuff to sell, and a file pile to go through for 2005 files but that's normal for the end of every year!)


I'm talking about the fact that all of my yarn and fabrics and other supplies are organized, My floor and sewing table are clean and ready to go for a project, and if someone wanted to come into this room for something I wouldn't be embarrassed! I've conquered the room, and at the end of the month, I won! I'm liking this goal for a month thingie because it's much more attainable to reach success. It doesn't feel like a huge life change, but at the end of the month my goal is a habit after all that work through the month so whether or not I plan to, I continue with my goal. Plus it feels good to do it still. Now I just have to decide what the goal for next month will be?????
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My closet with the doors removed. Yarn by type, fabric also by type, wips bins, scrap yarn and scrap fabric bins. . . a collection of stationary and office supplies that I forgot I even had, scrapbooking supplies, my knitting machine, and of course my pink project bag!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My sewing table with my embroidery machine, Sewing machine with it's recycled sweater cover, serger, cone thread and some embroidery and quilting threads, a million notions, some extra canning jars that may store future notions, quilting mat, folding chair and iron.

The other 2 walls are my bookcase and desk, I cleaned them up for the most part too, other than the eBay stuff and file pile mentioned above. I didn't think anyone really wanted to see a bookcase or a desk. . . if you've seen one, you've seen em'all! You'll just have to take my word for it that I've cleaned them!

I would eventually like to clear more and have less clutter in here. I guess as I ebay and file stuff that will happen naturally. I'm just tickled pink that the floor is clear, and that I can access my desk or chair without having to move something first!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

wow!!!!! that looks sooooo good. so nice and clean. i am really impressed. i love all the bins in ur closet and how neat everything is. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karina said...

awesome you did it! I want to get drawers too. easier to get to stuff. right now I have to pull it all out to get what I want. Im going to start investing in those totes......Great job!

Janet Richards said...

neato and spiffy! Cool - I'll have to come by and see it in person and get some ideas to finish my upstairs office!

Christi said...

girl you did an awesome job! Can you please come organize my sewing room now?lol i seriously need more bins or something lol and maybe some organizational skills would help :)

Karla said...

Woo Hoo! You go, girl! I love how organized everything is! Can I come over and play? :)

I hope one day to have my very own craft room. Meanwhile, I can just enjoying looking at other people's wonderful craft rooms.