Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Stocking full of inspiration

My crafty friends Jennifer and Christi have inspired me.  Jennifer made a beautiful hand quilted Christmas stocking for her son Mycah and is working on a second one for her daughter Trinity.  She recently started sewing and quilting and I've seen some of the garmets and housewares that she's made and they are awesome.  Especially for someone who just started. 



Likewise my friend Christi has wanted to branch out from recently starting sewing into needlecrafts and has picked up knitting.  I was exposed to crafting as a child so learning the concepts comes easy, but for someone who hasn't been exposed it's so impressive to me when they learn and start making things.  Christi found this tool called a Knifty Knitter that is like a loom for knitting.  She's been making hats and scarves and I think from what I've seen they are really cute. . .



All this creativity reminded me that I've been wanting to break out my knitting machine and get busy but haven't so I decided to search for Christmas stocking patterns and knit one for each of my sons.  They don't have stockings.  Last year they shared the "baby's first" stocking that had been up for each of them, but this is neither of their first Christmas so they needed a real stocking. 



Here's Charmie's, I'm still trying to decide how to personalize it.  I will be working on Mardie's probably tonight if I have the time.  I used wool blend yarn.  The stocking is over 2 feet long.  It will hold plenty of Christmas goodies!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com




 

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

aawww too cute. i like the stripes. can't wait to see what else u do to it.

Christi said...

great job as always :) cant wait to see mardies!

Jennifer said...

ps. thanks for the compliment!!!

Karina said...

thses are really awesome, reminds me of dr suess for some reason. they so great.