Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I hated the last purse I made

And I really really needed a replacement. But I didn't have $$ to invest in any that I liked. I searched for a while for a deal but I couldn't find one that was worth my $$ so I decided to make my own. I had these batik quilt squares from an eBay auction from almost 2 years ago that I had not used. I wanted to make something spectacular from them but was unsure as to what that might be. I also had some brown mini cordaroy fabric left over from another project. After finding these while searching through my stash I decided I would patchwork the squares and then quilt them. I had so much fun making up the design for my quilting work. I've never done anything like this before and it was really fun. This is the finished product. I'm so much happier with this purse. I don't know who I was trying to fool by having an oversized purse. It just resulted in lots of stuff getting lost and lots of frustration on cold winter days in parkinglots searching for my keys. . . This bag has no pockets I planned it that way! I'm going to be making or buying a purse organizer so it's all good! As it is though all of my stuff fits perfectly so I doubt I would have any problems with anything getting lost. I guess that remains to be seen though.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

7 comments:

mumtahanah said...

oooh, that's niiiiice! and you did it without a pattern, too?

doreen said...

This was a Me original pattern. Just from my mind. . . :D

Christi said...

i really like that!!!!

Karina said...

that is sooo totally awesome! you did a great job, i fixin to be making me another bag......

Jennifer said...

wow, that is so pretty..i love batik and wow i love the pattern u made. looks like u did really good on ur quilting. very cute purse!

Janet Richards said...

very cute - I love the colors and the pattern!

Mandi said...

Ok, now I need a bib because I can't stop drooling! Great job, I love it!