Monday, February 13, 2006

Puzzles Puzzles everywhere!

I love it when I find out something new about something old. I've had my sewing table for a few years now. Since before Charmie was born actually. My latest addition to the space it gives is an extension table for my new sewing machine so that I can sew larger objects easier. Upon adding my extension table I was running out of flat surfaces to work on though. You see I had my sewing table always open, and on top lined up my embroidery machine, my sewing machine and then my serger and spool rack. . . that doesn't leave leftover space, and with the use of my extension table I really didn't have enough room. I don't want a new table, just the one I have to work, so something had to go!
Rocky is going to mount my thread rack on the wall. . . but when I remind him he's not able to do it and it just doesn't come to mind for him otherwise so on my desk it sits. When I'm sewing I use both my sewing machine and serger so moving one of them off the table really didn't make sense either. My embroidery machine is the one that has to kick the curb but where could I put it? I've been vainly searching for a case but since it's deeper than a sewing machine it wont' fit hard cases that I've found and I didn't want a soft case for "storage". With so many people using this room I could imagine something falling onto it or being dropped onto it and damaging it.
I forgot I have a large cubby space on the right side of my sewing desk that I had put my binders of patterns into. . . I used to put my serger into this cubby, but never my sewing machine. I tried it and IT FITS!!!!!
I'm so estatic, now I don't have to buy a case and it's close at hand for when I need it. Yeha!
Now if I can just get that thread rack mounted. . .Image hosting by Photobucket
sewing table closed
Image hosting by Photobucket
right side open with embroidery machine! :D

3 comments:

Christi said...

I soooo need a thread rack!

Jennifer said...

awesome girl that is wonderful!! yea thread racks are great. that's one of my next organizing purchases. of course walmarts are cheapest. LOL, it's funny how u forgot about the space. good thing u remembered

Karina said...

great use of space!