Thursday, February 23, 2006

Vesty

Here's my latest knit project.  It's from The Knitting Experience book 1, the same book I got the pattern for my Einstein coat from.  It's her Asymetrical vest. . . In the pattern one side is much shorter than the other and both are shorter than the back.  I liked it, but it didn't get rave reviews in my house so I added to the short panel to even it out.  Here's the finished project.  It called for a super bulky yarn and I wanted to use this beautiful rust yarn that my mommy got me, thanks mom, that was just bulky.  My sis suggested that I add a worsted strand with it.  In my usual fashion I wanted something more than just a plain vest so I used pinks and oranges in several values with some wine and brown thrown in for contrast. 
Image hosting by Photobucket
Here's the back.
Image hosting by Photobucket

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

very cute! i like it. i like the side u added too how it goes a diffrent way. good job

Karina said...

your so creative, you have a pattern yet you still make it your own, great job! A new date night outfit!

Janet Richards said...

I like it - I like the colors and vest! Great job!

Jennifer said...

man how i wish there was an update on all the wonderful things u are making :D