Monday, February 13, 2006

And the anticipation builds. . .

Here I go again having a long stint between posts and it's eating some people up, you know who you are! It's been a good couple of days to do other things. . .Well to be honest I did finish up a long knitting project, that I REFUSE to post due to the fact that promptly after finishing it, I decided to felt it a tiny bit and of course didn't do it by hand or use a test swatch so I ended up with a child's sized version. . . It was a shrug, very generous sized, but now it's barely a tube for my arms and it only comes past my elbows. I'll have to see if it fits my 7 year old Niece.
Anyway I've been using this time to sell things on ebay and make a little $$ to buy some supplies. I've logged way too many hours on ebay.com, amazon.com and half.com researching and obtaining books on quilting, sewing, serging, sewing machine presser feet, my embroidery blank memory card, and some other accessories. I'm getting ready to play. I'm waiting on some more deliveries this week so I'm kind of stuck until they come.
So I decided to return to another craft that I have supplies in abundance for, my knitting. I pulled out some stash yarn that I had gotten from my wonderful sister months ago. Moda Dea Cache Gypsi print. It's a bulky thick and thin 3 ply with one of the plys being a metalic thread. I'm drawn to metalic lately for some odd reason. I designed the pattern myself and started last Thursday. It's coming along so I'll be posting it soon. That's all for now, I've got to get some sleep before the boys wake up!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

yay! i'm glad ur finally gonna post something...lol. and man i see u blogged this at like 4 am...jeesh! hey!!! where were u the other night when i needed u this late?

Christi said...

holy crap I saw the 4 am too and was like oh my gosh! Cant wait to see you post! Ive been stalking your blog waiting for a post and NOTHING! LOL Im not doing anything crafty these days so my highlight is to watch you all do it! So please for a poor sick preggo lady POST SOON!! ROFL :)

Karina said...

lol!