Friday, February 09, 2007

Crayon Roll

I made this little roll up for the boy's fat crayons and fat pencils. It holds 19 but the pack was for only 16 as usual for crayola. I need to saw off some of their big pencils to fit in and we'll be set. I like this better than a pencil box/bag, or the ratty crayon box after it's been opened about 1 time by a 2yo.
I guess this is "bag" #2 for my stash buster. I used a fq without trimming or cutting. I attempted to put a velcro closure but some how I messed up and sewed the hook on rs to the fabric so it doesn't grip, secondly I placed my lable inside and I meant for it to be outside. I'm going to have to get more sleep or start making prototypes.
I'm still happy with it, the crayons have a place so it's easy to find the missing one, this can take on different shapes for travel, it's really hard to pick this up and dump the crayons everywhere, they have to be more intentionally removed ;-)
*Since posting I removed the errant velcro hook and attached a replacement rs out. I also sawed the pencils and they fit perfectly. The roll closes tighly just like I wanted. Now if I could just find an eraser stick that's the same lenght I'll be in business!

Posted by Picasa