Friday, February 09, 2007

Ms Gina's bag

This is a bag request from 3 years ago. . . Let me start by saying I am a bad person because I knew that I hadn't made this, I was just putting it off. I'm glad to have waited because I believe that only now could I have found this combination of materials, tools and experiences to have this finished product but it's way way overdue.
Ms. Gina is Charmie and Mardie's dance teacher for ballet, tap and jazzy frestyle dance. They started this class 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow will be our 3rd class. I've known Gina for years as a friend and sister in my church. She saw the very first diaper bag I attempted to make from my own ideas and designs and requested a similar bag for her dance stuff. She didn't have her studio at that time, she just wanted it to have a ballet theme and pink. I wasn't happy with the bag I made for myself so I lacked confidence that I would be able to produce one for her so I never made her bag.
Fast forward 3 years to a few weeks ago while as we agreed to sign up Ch and M, she noticed some of the bags I had with me (purse, wallet, camera bag) and she reminded me hat I had agreed to make one for her.
The POINTE! studio is decorated beatuifuly with rich chocolate brown, Hot pink and ballet pink. Her new request was that this bag bear the studio name and theme colors.
Here's the finished product. I used a very soft and hard to work with chocolate brown embossed microsuede for the exterior and pocket lining and trim, and a Alexander Henry print of pointe shoes for the interior.
I hope she loves it.
Here's a closer picture of the bag. It is 18"wide x 2" deep x 14" tall and a 20" drop for the straps. There is a magnetic closure under the generous flap. The inside has 5 pockets.
I need to start experimenting with filters or my lens shade. I had difficulty getting a photo that showed the true colors of the bag, any of you photographers out there drop me a line and let me know what I'm doing wrong.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: