Thursday, February 01, 2007

Emergency Backlava

It snowed today, not a ton, no blizzard, but enough to stick and enough for the boys to be able to play in it.
In wanting to ensure the boys were bundled I wanted them to have ski masks but we didn't have any and I wasn't going to go to the store to buy them in this weather so I made some. the snow flake one is for Charmie and the Teal one is for Mardie. I actually laid them on my cutting table to make the pattern shape of their head.
I left the back open behind their neck to make them easier to get on and off. I cut enlarged openings for their eyes and sewed up the area under their chin. Once put on they provided the coverage I hoped for. the boys' cheeks, mouth, nostrils and most of their face was covered. Only their eyes showed through.

After we played in the snow, see our family blog for photos, I made crackers for the boys. They were not that hard to make and Charmie really liked them. Mardie ate one, but didn't want a 2nd. He may like them better wtih cheese.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

awww, great idea and soooo crafty!