Friday, September 05, 2008

knitting udpates

Here are the swap cloths I made from a cotton linen blend yarn. They have the breastfeeding advocacy symbol on them because they are made for some wonderful breastfeeding mammas who also happen to be some of my closest friends. I enjoyed making them, they were for a Horribly overdue Christmas swap. I kept thinking I would have time to sew and actually purchased materials for 2 different sewing projects for them but Zuri didn't yield and I never got sewing time. I was knitting everything under the sun though so I finally broke down and decided I would knit my swaps.

This is one of 2 of Zuri's new sippy cups. I've recently developed some serious fears of plastics. I love Klean Kanteens. But they are terribly cold and uncomfortable to hold so Zuri needed a cover for hers. I sewed covers for the boy's Kanteens, check the posts below. I will knit Zuri a cover for her 2nd one. But I like this knit her this one first. I also plan in the future to knit covers for the boy's Kanteens as backups.


I knit this bib for Zuri in organic cotton and embroidered this design onto it. I will be making her many more bibs since I'm a bib momma. I like knitting them, they go pretty quickly. I will make some of the others like this where I embroider a design later, but others I will knit a design into them or alter the stitch pattern to make them more decorative.

Posted by Picasa