Thursday, September 25, 2008

Vacay like you mean it!

I will be posting pictures soon to my family blog of our recent vacation, but as I update my craft blog I will post a few pics of my vacation visit to Smokey Mountain Spinnery. A really neat yarn/fiber/ and spinning shop in Gatlinburg. I got to spin on a Magicraft Rose and an Ashford Kiwi. The Ashford Joy is pictured below but I didn't take any time on it.
The Magicraft is super smooth and glidey but also very spendy so I won't have a wheel like that probably ever. But it was nice to sit and spin on one.
I picked up some roving for spinning and some magazine back issues I've been wanting. When we go back, I will definately stop here!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence. I looked at the website for the spinnery because I will be staying in Gatlinburg for a week in November.

Jennifer said...

oh thats so cool!!