Friday, September 05, 2008

more crochet and knitting updates

This is the first hat I crocheted for Zuri. I made it from two different organic cotton yarns. I love it as her sun hat because the bill gives her eyes a lot of protection.

I made this blanket as part of my knitting group, the Charlotte Purls, spring KAL. It's called the Hemlock Ring. It was my first project in lace. I'm very attached to it. I knit it in Ecological wool made by cascade. The wool is not dyed, the sheep it came from are just this brown color.

I made this felted yarn bowl as an experiment in a travel/unbreakable yarn bowl. I like it, but need to line it.


This is the second hat I crocheted for Zuri. I also used organic cotton yarns for this one. I embelished it with a crochet flower. This one too provides nice sun protection.

Posted by Picasa