Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Well I'd like to know where, you keep the notions?

I got a great deal on some sewing machine feet for my machine from a local eBay retailer and wanted to have a home for them. I've been looking for something functional yet pretty to keep my sewing machine, embroidery machine and serger accessories in but couldn't find anything that I liked in the store. I have a few compartmentalized tackle boxes but they loose functionality when the things that I need to store just don't all fit into the same size case. I took a couple of ideas from things that I saw and made this up: It's a book style case, with 4 pages, and 86 vinyl pockets of varying sizes. I'm not currently planning to take this anywhere so it's not as though it needs to be super secure, but if I travel with my sewing accessories I will do it in style!
Image hosting by Photobucket

Here's a shot of inside the first two pages.
Image hosting by Photobucket
And here are the back two pages.
Image hosting by Photobucket
It's hard to tell that the accessories are in vinyl pockets, I guess I did a great job eliminating glare with my camera, but if you look closely you can see that there is stitching outlining the accessories.
Here's a matching zippered pocket for things like my pencil other marking instruments, and a few notions/accessories that I don't mind rubbing together. Now if I could just figure out how to make a sewing machine tote that was as sturdy as the commercial ones I'd have a matching set!
Image hosting by Photobucket

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

oooo too cute! that's a pretty nifty idea. ur so creative:)

doreen said...

You know what they say. . . necessity is the mother of invention!

Karina said...

that is sooo cool, i didnt know you could buy vinyl, i just bought a calender thing for the school room and i could have made it...... awesome!

Karina said...

im having hard time loggin in here, i like your idea and it looks great, I just bought a calender thing with vinyl in it for the schoolroom, didnt know they sold vinly, i could have made it myself....lol awesome job!!!

Christi said...

very cool idea! what will you come up with next :)