Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Baby K makes a hat for Serge

Here's the last hat. Serge's hat. I quilted in the ditch for the patchwork front and in vertical lines for the main fabric. I used one of the patchwork fabrics for the binding and Baby K did all of the seaming and quilting!!!
At the end of my final class today as my student was leaving I saw a power cord for a sewing machine. I rushed to the front of the store to give it to her, glad that I had caught her in time. I wanted her to have no excuses to not have practiced some techniques before our next class. Well evidently I was not paying attention because I gave her MY SK power cord. I called her mom frantically trying to make arrangements to get the cord back, but her mom was busy with other classes and camps starting today so it wasn't until about an hour ago that she called me back and let me know that she will drop it off at the store tomorrow morning.
I was jonesing bad to sew, I really wanted that cord back. Never mind that I have an arsenal of machines to choose from and don't need SK's cord to sew something. I just missed it.
Having to use BK was a good thing though. I like BK and often I don't get to use her because SK is doing all of the work. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Karina said...

Wow, AS always, you did a fantastic job! I need one for my serger soo bad. but I dont want to drop the thread thingy, maybe I will have to so I can have a cover. They all look so good together!

Jennifer said...

awww, how cute! i love the little straight pins on this one, and u used ur mother's day fabric:) they all look soo good!