Sunday, June 04, 2006

Room and case for Trin's doll and clothes

I decided that Trin's doll needed somewhere to live so I got out my craft foam and made a room. It's like a little foam book. Here's the left side with the doll in her bed and a dresser. I originally intended that the clothes be stuck down into the dresser and wardrobe on the next side, but the sticky stuff I put onto the back of the clothes to allow them to stay on the doll makes them difficult to slide down into pockets so I just stuck them on the outside. I hope that Trin likes this little setup.
Lesson's learned: Craft foam is nice to sew through in one or two layers, any more and it's difficult at least with my sewing machine. Maybe I don't know how to properly adjust presserfoot tension but the feed dogs just had trouble evenly feeding the foam with several sheets. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

oh my goodness!!! this is soo cute and adorable!! i love it. trin is really gonna love it. what a great idea!! wayt to go aunt do!

Karina said...

That is really cool, you have worked so hard on Trins bday presents. They all look great! such a grat idea!

Jennifer said...

thanks so much! it arrived today. she loves it. she played with it alot..her and mycah. can i order a little brother to go with that?

doreen said...

So far I haven't seen any little boy ones that are like this. I have seen some but they look like they are from 1920. I didn't buy those designs because I had no interest in making them. If I find some cute boy ones I'm sure I'll stitch out some for my boys and I can do some for mycah too.

Jennifer said...

oh that would cool!