Thursday, November 16, 2006

Pre-Felted fuzzy slippers

Here are some fuzzy slippers I made before felting. They are huge. Way to big for even any men that I know. That's the neato thing about felting. It makes the fabric denser, thicker, and shrinks it smaller. I can't wait to felt these up and see how cute they look. I got the pattern free from www.knitty.com. I knitted them yesterday in spare time so they knit up quickly in my opinion. They follow the same rules as socks, just larger needles and no ribbing or reienforced stitches that won't felt. I guess you could say this is the 2nd pair of socks I've completed.
I almost had enough to make them from one ball of Lorna's Bullfrogs and Butterflys but ran short right at the toe so I used some black worsted wool to finish them off.
I am borrowing the One Skein Knitting book and Odd Ball Knitting book from my sis so I'm gathering ideas for other projects that I can use just one ball to make. Maybe next time I'll have better success of finishing before I run out!Posted by Picasa

No comments: