Sunday, November 19, 2006

major overhaul

Sorry I have no pictures to post yet, but yesterday starting from around 7am Rocky and I did a major overhaul on almost every room in our home! And all of it because of me. Now before some of you start to jump to conclusions, no I'm not pregnant.
But we did get most of the furniture out of our office. Since we don't have unlimited space in our home that meant first deciding which things needed to go, then what things needed to be displaced to make room for the stuff we were removing from the office and then progressing in making it all happen. I didn't get to bed until after 5am and I still am not done, but at least the contents of my bookcases are no longer on my living room couches and you can actually walk through the living room again, oh and the computer is obviously working or I wouldn't be able to blog.
I now have a dedicated sewing room! We still need to build my cutting/pressing table, but the room is cleared of our bookcases and office armiore.
I wanted to sew more with the work my boss is giving to me, but without a dedicated space I was having to spend a large part of my time getting things out and then putting them back away.
I'm really happy with how things have turned out so far and pictures will be forthcoming. . . when we get around to taking them.
For those of you who have been in my home, it looks nothing like it did before due to the major changes.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

yay a sewing room!! congratulations

Karina said...

oh wow, i cant wait to see pics! horray for you!