Monday, November 06, 2006

Racing pants #1

I had purchased some fabric to make some around the house pants for the boys and here's my first pair! I used a one seam pattern from a dear sweet member of one of my online groups. Thanks Gayle! They are super simple to make since you only sew the center closed. I think total time it took less than an hour for cutting and sewing. I sewed them completely except for the elastic casing and pocket attachment on the serger. I used race car print flannel and red fleece. I cut the fleece smaller than the leg openings and stretched it while I sewed to have the ankle part draw in. Charmie likes them, but prefers to wear them with one arm through each leg hole like a shrug over his shoulders vs. pants.
These are not meant to be pj's but just pants to wear around our house. When Charmie modeled these he was still wearing his bulky night time undies so he looks a little hippy. With normal undies they have a slimmer profile. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

they look good. cute print

Karina said...

very cute! I want to get to making cloths agian....

Janet Richards said...

those are too cute! :)