Friday, May 04, 2007

Dance Bags

Here's my version of a drawstring backpack. It's pretty generous in size though. It's about 18"tall x 16" wide x 3" deep. This fabric is extrememly shiney and hard to photograph. It's pink and purple with metalic dots. Very flashy! This bag is lined with the pink and purple ballet slipper cotton fabric on the change purse below.
Here's backpack #2. Same dimensions. This fabric has some glitter on the surface and it's a polyeyster satin so it was slippery and not very user friendly to sew with. I used the pink and purple exterior from above for the lining on this bag. This used the last of that fabric so I hope it's not in high demand.
Well it didn't use the last scrap, this little change purse on the right is the last scrap, I mean it this time. I'm not so sure about the one on the left. The zipper is deforming the bag. It's supposed to be an invisible zipper and it's black. It's not so invisible and the black didn't go as well as I thought it would. Maybe I should have done the embroidery that aslo doesn't seem to match in black????? I don't like this one realy at all.

The labels on the right bag are inside where they are supposed to be. On the left bag I forgot to put them, luckily Ms. Gina's labels are iron on!
Recital is comming soon so I need to get to working on the boy's costumes along with the other bags I need to have made.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

the bags are beautiful!!!