Thursday, May 03, 2007

phone case

After two years (as usual) Rocky and I were finally eligible to upgrade our cel phones without penalty. I say as usual because we are normally pretty rough on our phones and by this time one or both of our phones is barely working. I had alredy had 2 replacement phones this time. My phone literally fell apart at the hinge during a conversation. I really do hate flip phones but I had no choice at that time that was what was free with Rocky's phone. I am pretty protective of my phones since I cannot afford to replace them so I normally keep them encased so that they don't receive scratches or damage from my purse contents. Evidently my protection measures were not child proof because I believe that one of my2rays is what happened to my phone.
Anyway as I needed to replace the phone I kept having to regress to previous models, first one that we had from the last upgrade, and when that died to one obtained from eBay that was even older and more antiquated.
When renewal time rolled around I was very happy to start to look for my phone but sad when all I could find from our carrier was flip or slider styles. Then I found out that the Motorola SLVR was going to be available! It's a candybar version of the RAZR and KRZR phones. Just what I was looking for. NO MOVING PARTS TO BREAK!!!! But still lots of phone to get scratched up.

The phone has been available for less than a month so unfortunately the Verizon store I purchased from had limited accessories or cases designed for it. I ordered first a clear silicone cover one online but that one sucked, nothing lined up from the key pad to the charge port or even the microphone hole so I ordered this one to replace it and it fits perfectly! It is hard plastic and solid pink.
I found these Butterfly rub-on transfers at Michaels.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Janet Richards said...

really pretty! and one of a kind.

Jennifer said...

ohh really pretty, i like it

Kamika said...

I have the same phone in black. I need to get a case and a blue tooth headset for it. Very nice case.