Thursday, July 07, 2005

An adventure in jewlery making


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Here I stand with Aunt's Jan and Liz and Cousin Jackie.  Unfortunately I didn't think to take this picture before Patty and Chris had left for their lake vacation or Patty could have also proudly displayed her transformable necklace to bracelet red coral creation.  We are all wearing necklaces that we made except for Liz who made a bracelet at this bead store called the  Middle Bead.  We originally went into Chelsea MI to try to visit the lys but they were closed for the holiday but across the street the Middle bead was open.  After going in and looking at all of the beautiful beads and jewlery I suggested that we make something to remember the trip by.  The store owner set us up to make bracelets, and after some time of struggling with what to do we all selected our beads and created these unique pieces.  I don't know the content of all of the other's but mine has Mookite stones that look like Chicklets and as the pendant I combined a Cowrie shell and a small woman figurine.  This was really fun and I want to do this again! 

3 comments:

Janet Richards said...

A cool idea - I'm sure you will treasure these memories forever.

Christi said...

very cool! what a great memory!!

Karla said...

It sure looks like ya'll had fun!

I'm visiting your blog after reading your post on the WishList Board over at Crochetville!

Going to read more of your blog now, so I'll chat with you later!