Monday, November 21, 2005

Blue and Curley

This past weekend Rocky and I had to go back to Fayetteville to do some more work to our rental. Rocky got a lot accomplished. I only did a little priming of one room and watched the boys. I couldn't do much more. I was having back problems again. . .
My MIL and FIL happily watched the boys Saturday afternoon for a couple of hours and got their "grand" fix while Rocky worked on the yard and I visited with my bud Jennifer. We were just going to hang out but ultimately we ended up at JoAnn's buying fabric. I wanted doll hair that's made for doll hair but they don't carry it so low and behold while looking at fabrics I saw this really cool fleece fabric that looked like hair! I had to buy it do complete Blue. So of course since it's for Christmas gifts I did! I also found the perfect "hair" for Curley, Blue's older brother.
I finally got around to sitting down around the boys naptime. This morning was spent recovering from our trip where everything that could go wrong short of disaster did! It felt good to sew a little wig and relax.
Curley didn't get started until after dinner. Here's the finished products!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
He's wearing some jeans, low rise. If he had a butt crack it would be showing cuz these are really really boy cut jeans! I completed his relaxed look with a Tye Dye Caftan. Curley is a little bit of a hippy! Well looking at Blue's hair and his uber cool hand knit sweater and cap I guess he's a bit of a hippy too! Charmie and Mardie will be receiving them for Chirstmas and possibly some additional outfits if I can get them done.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

oh wow tooo awesome!!! did u tie dye his shirt yourself??? they are too cute! i really like them.

Christi said...

very cute! love them! great job!

Karina said...

i love them too, esp blues new hair:)

Janet Richards said...

They are even cuter seeing them in person. They are adorable, great job!