Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Blue

Well, here's my first attempt at dollmaking since I was 7! Since I haven't named him yet I'll call him Blue for blogging purposes. Either Charmie or Mardie will probably name him as he will be given to one of them. He's made in Waldorf style. I tea stained the cotton for his skin myself earlier today. I had a hard time getting it to go darker. He's very light tan. . . I didn't want to photo him naked so I made him a little fleece hoody set. He wasn't that hard to make at all. Instead of Starbucks today I went and got the cotton fabric and some filling so I've been working on him on and off since around 3pm. I even stopped to cook and eat dinner. Rocky did help with the boys so that I didn't have to worry about them getting into my pins or needles or scissors. I am working on his brother. I've made the head insides but have yet to sew the skin onto him, embroider his face or cut out and sew his arms and body. I think I'm going to take a break though for the rest of the evening. A headache has been plagueing me and it just won't quit!
Image hosted by Photobucket.comBlue, chillin' at the pc.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comBlue takin' a stretch, man these pants are tight. Blue will have to watch out cuz they're riding up!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Blue's mug shot.

7 comments:

Christi said...

That is soooo awesome!!! you did such a great job!!!

Jennifer said...

wow! i am really impressed. he is tooooo cute! I want one:P

Jennifer said...

you know it's so neat to see the diffrent talents we have. i love seeing all the neat things u come up with:) still wanting to see ur plastic plastic bags...lol

Karina said...

that is awsome, i want to try that.

doreen said...

BTW, for those of you who may be wondering how he fits into my DON"T BUY ANYTHING resolution, he's going to be a Christmas gift! so :P

Christi said...

ROFL your funny d! making sure we know your not cheating! LOL

Jennifer said...

u know... my favorite part of blues modeling is his pants that are riding up. ur little commentaries for him are so funny.