Wednesday, November 30, 2005

new month new goal

November is over and I did what I set out to do. I have stayed with my cleaning/ simplifying/ decluttering/ organizing plan from the beginning of the month and I have not bought anything that was off limits. When I leave my home and return it's a relief to walk in because everything is in order. I no longer feel overwhelmed with keeping my home presentable. We do the maintaining as we go so it's not any major ordeal when "company" is coming or any other time for that matter. I feel really good about the homemaking part of most of my home. It feels good to have accomplished my goals.
Yet I'm sitting in my office. . . not wanting to really do anything but avoiding the inevitable du duh duah!!!!! It needs to be cleaned. It's the black hole in my home. I have done every room but this one. I have saved it. It's wore than all of the messy rooms that were in my house put together. Not dirty, but definately cluttered, junky, messy, dumped in, you name it, it is. It looks like I rented a wood chipper, took some yarn, fabric, thread, sewing notions, craft supplies, paper, office supplies, cd's, and other stuff, threw it all in while it was pointed to express everything into this one 12x10' room.
When we moved a year ago I vowed that this room wouldn't get into this state. At our previous home I had an office. It became the junk room, the only difference is that I had more stuff, it was from several years, and the rest of my home was cluttered and messy in spots too. I don't know how it gets like this. I'm trying to figure it out. It doesn't have to be this way yet it is.
I'll be cleaning in here this month though. I don't know how long it will take. This room is pretty bad and I can't have the boys in here with me while I work unlike some of the other areas of my home so that will definately slow me down, that or Mardie will get over his separation anxiety really quickly.
I do have a plan, but this is the over whelming type of job that is all nitty gritty where you have to touch everything at least once, and think about it, and review it and make a determination as to whether or not it's going or staying and if it's staying, where will it stay.
I'll be staying on my spending moratorium this month too. But Christmas purchases and storage solutions are game. This is not a change from last month so it should be easy.
Maybe when it's done I can post a pic of the after picture. I don't have a true before. As I drafted this post I cleaned here and there so it's already better than before.

2 comments:

Karina said...

wow, thats great to see you keeping with your goals and reaching them. Keep it up. I defeintely want to see the finished product...:)

Jennifer said...

congratulations!!!! keep u the great work, and goodluck on ur office