Friday, November 18, 2005

Knits for Blue

It was much colder here today as you can see from the fact that Blue's cheeks have a rosey quality that they lacked in his debut photo shoot. I decided in light of that weather change that he needed a handknit sweater and hat to keep him warm. He still has no hair so I couldn't just knit the sweater and have him all bald and cold up top while getting his picture taken. I used yarn scraps (Thanks Janet!). The sweater is inspired by a pattern that I am looking at to design a sweater for me. I started on it this evening after dinner and knit a little here and there. It went pretty quickly. The hat is simply 2x2 ribbing with stockinette stitch to obtain the needed height to clear his head. Once again, pretty simple.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have decided that I have to curb this fetish with making clothes for him or I'll start getting questions as to why my son's doll has such an extensive wardrobe.
None-the-less I have planned a scarf, some jeans, and some slippers/shoes for him and of course in the warmer months he'll need some shorts, t-shirts, sandals. . .maybe Blue will even have his own blog. You never know so stay tuned.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

lol, cute sweater... hey i hope he gets his own blog...i like hearing about his life. who knows of the adventures he will have!

Karina said...

HE IS SOOO HANDSOME:)

Christi said...

AWWW too cute! I love it!