Wednesday, January 11, 2006

It came today!

Here's my new Sewing Machine, Kenmore 19606.  It's similar to the Janome MC 4900 QC. . . Janome makes Kenmore.  My 20 year old New Home machine, also in the Janome family was sewing strong. . . and loud, and somewhat finicky so I decided it was time to upgrade from it's 11 stitch functions. 



I love how quiet this machine is.  I need to go to the library to figure out how to use some of the decorative stitches and specialty feet.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it had more accessories and warranty coverage than what I could find on the Sears website.  I have read some reviews that are more indicative to what I received.  Sears would sell more of these first of all if they had them in the store for demonstration purposes and secondly if they represented them truly online.  I bought it sight unseen from my Sears store.  After the rep assured me that I would have 30 days to try it out and still receive a 100% like tender refund if I was not satisfied I figured I didn't have anything to loose.  Sears was also running a sale and then some rebates and financing offers that really made it a good time for me to buy.



I've been selling on eBay and Amazon.com to earn the money to pay for it and I'm almost 1/2 way there.  I'm hoping by the end of the month I will be all the way!  Worse case I'm planning to be there by the end of February.  So after a break for the last 2 days and tonight from listing and listing and listing, it's back to the grind tomorrow!!!



This khaki piece of canvas was the only scrap I could find that was solid and not a print in my stash during nap time so that I could try out some of my stitches and see them.  It's not very good.  It's rather heavy for the speed and adjustments I was using but it gave me a rough idea of how much I was going to love my machine.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


OK, so much can happen. Freaky huge photos, baby getting woke up and refusing to return to sleep for hours. Many many things. . . I'm back for a minute to finish this post.
Yes K, I've got letters :D Here are two close ups of the available stitch menus. The first 13 stitch functions are on the keypad of the machine in the pic above. Then the rest are selected in either mode 2 or 3 or monogram mode.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And finally here's a little bit of playing with some plain muslin. My serger was so dusty without being covered. . . I know that the stitching is not perfect. I was just playing. No pattern, no plan, just messing around.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I think I'll be posting more and more sewing posts because it's much more fun with my new machine. I have a few projects in mind, and with my office clean I've got the room to work and do some things. I'm still knitting, and occasionally crocheting so I will be still posting those types of projects too, and the usual sprinkling in of an odd craft here and there like jewelry making, or painting or something.

3 comments:

Karina said...

cool u have letters! i know your soo happy

Jennifer said...

lol, love the sayings on ur surger cover. i know ur loving how quiet it is. congratulations!!!

Christi said...

YAY!!!!! sooo happy for you.. I know you needed a new machine!