Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Mardie is still a messy eater

So I decided to use some flannel that I had to sew them some bibs.  The fabric was sitting in my stash, unused, I originally intended it for diapers.  I sewed a few dipes, but decided I'd rather buy them than sew them.  Maybe now that I'm liking sewing again that will change.  I used fold over elastic for the binding on most of them (black), one has fleece binding (red) and three are serged on the edge with wooly nylon (blue and green).  I really like that method and will have to find some other things to apply it to.  I used my metal snaps. . . I'm wishing I had a snap press.  I may have to do some research or buy a snap setter for my metal snaps. cuz this was way too hard!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 comments:

Karina said...

wow! you just wipped them out didnt you???? a couple looked like you sewed and turned right side out? they all look great!

Jennifer said...

cool! i love the little boy prints. boys are sooo fun. they look like they turned out good.

doreen said...

K, i know it looks like magic, but I've actually been picking away at the pile for a few days here and there. The ones with very little color at the edge are the wooly nylon ones. They have a rolled hem from my serger.
None are turned and topstitched.

Christi said...

those look great!!! I should make some drool bibs for my next baby :) stop giving me ideas of things I could be doing ughhhh lol