Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My new trash can

Now you see it!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Now you don't


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I know it's simple. . . basically a muslin bag with a binder clip to attach it to my sewing table. No rocket science here, but I needed something for all of those little bits of fabric and thread I generate while sewing. I didn't want a large trash can I am trying to REDUCE clutter! And since I won't be putting any food or liquids inside a fabric bag is perfect. I have this thing for my serger that catches the clippings that's a fabric bag and it gave me the idea. This one is about 5 times the size of that one though and it's accessable whether or not I'm using my serger. I used the rest of the muslin scraps from making my serger cover. I didn't see a need to embelish it. It's invisible most of the time when the door is shut. It's just what I needed. :D


 

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

awesome idea. i need something to.... mine just lay on the floor till i'm done and then pick them up

Karina said...

Yes I have tons of thread all on my floor, i do have a trash can under my desk but some still make it on the floor! great idea and its hidden, you and c have same desk!

Christi said...

thats cool! I need something in my sewing room for that.. scraps and thread lay on my floor till im done and pick them up lol