Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Emergency Kimono

I grossly misunderstood information from a friend and my sis about baby clothes for Zuri. . . needless to say there probably aren't going to be as many as I originally anticipated. Lemonade time. But I have to be honest, for a 24 hour period my planning self went into panic mode until I had a plan. Now things are looking much better. As they always do in the morning, after sleep and when there is more information found, like stashed unisex clothes in the attic and clothes from others. . .
Sunday I decided to take the situation into my own hands a little and knit Zuri some kimono tops. It was very late by the time I decided so I cast the first 5 stitches for this one and fell asleep. Yesterday into late last night I finished the knitting and this am I finished the seaming and ends. I just need to find buttons for the closure. I am going to make a few more of these. This is NB size. It is the Bamboo Baby pattern from the One Skein Wonders book. I used the recommended yarn, South West Trading Company's Bamboo. I'm going to try to make at least one more in cotton or cotton blend and another in wool or wool blend. They are pretty quick to knit and I think they can serve as either over shirts or little jackets depending on how I choose to dress her.

As with the pinwheel it was fun to knit this for her. I don't know if I would have broken down to do it if I would have gotten tons of clothes. . . I'm off to make more lemonade!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Janet Richards said...

Awww - I like how it turned out. That's really cute!!

Karina said...

so cute!

Jennifer said...

this is sooooo adorable!!!!

Virtuous said...

Very cute! No need to panic the baby won't be completely naked! :o)

Love your new blog look! Where did you get the blog skin from?