Friday, November 30, 2007

I need closure

I finished this up tonight too. . . the hat and tucking in all the ends. I just need to find closures, probably buttons for the kimono and the diaper wrap. The hat and kimono patterns are in the One Skein Wonders book. I modified them both. For this kimono I made the sleeves a little wider than the pattern called for. I also made the cross over panels wider and used a scrumtiously soft wool/silk blend yarn, Frolich Silky Baby Lambs vs. the Bamboo. I used Karabella Aurora Melange 100% extra fine merino for the Scallop-Edged Hat and wool diaper wrap. I made up the pattern for the diaper wrap from looking at other diaper wraps that I have and like. I added crochet edging around the leg openings to stabilize the stockinette stitch and build a poo containing guesset. This cover is nb to small size with plenty of stretch.
I need to now go shopping for buttons for the kimono and diaper wrap to keep them closed on little Z. The picture doesn't really capture the yarn very well imho. The set does match. The Karabella yarn has three strands (plum, pink and grey) twisted together so when knit it looks heathered. The kimono is the same bright plum that's in the other yarn, vs. purple. I'm trying to decide if I have enough for some booties or mary janes. . .
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Virtuous said...

Very cute baby set! LOL @ blog title - too cute! :o)

Loved your cascade fixation leg warmers too!!

Janet Richards said...

awwwwwww - the outfit is too cute. Baby Zuri will look precious in it!!!