Saturday, November 17, 2007

Not Another Legwarmer

Today was a weird day. Well not weird really, we've had this kind of day before, but not for a while. Today we repurposed several things around our home, rearranged some major spaces and did some long needed cleaning and de-cluttering. It's hard to explain without going into details so here's the short:
1. removed tv, vcr, dvd, stereo from armiore to make room for Zuri's things
2. put stereo into boy's room for nite nite music and play music
3. move vcr to bonus room
4. remove old tape eating vcr from bonus room, get stereo in bonus to work w/o over heating, re set up all componets in bonus to run w/o having to unplug anything and store videos and toys in existing storage areas to eliminate extra pieces in room
5. dust everything that got emptied, moved, rearranged, etc. and surrounding areas.
At times it felt like a lot of piddling around. But the finished product at the end of the day left Rocky and I both pleased with our efforts. We either gained better functionality of an item or use of space and did it all with no cost other than our time and brain power.
On a completely different note for the first time Charmie wrote his name all by himself today. I'm so proud of him. Way to go son!

Also my kids use bibs. . . for messy times and times when they are wearing clothing I don't want stained they still do. I know many of my friends say that their lo's no longer use them, or no longer will use them, or they have never bothered with them, but my kids still use them at home and when we are out often they get a napkin kerchief to protect their clothes and save my sanity.
Sometimes though bibs aren't handy. Sometimes I only have a napkin that is too small to make a kerchief. That's where the below item comes into play. It's a ribbon with a clip on both ends. It's for Zuri, it works like the clips the dentist uses to hold the paper bib on you when you get your teeth cleaned. This one is a little longer than it needed to be so I'll just tie a knot into one side of it to shorten it. I have clips and ribbon to make more. . . I just have to find the ribbon.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

i love how charmie wrote his name he did such a great job...his "R" is freakin cute!!!
cute idea too with the bib holder

Christi said...

The bib clips really come in handy. I had one and really liked it till I lost it :( Thats great that Charmie wrote his name!!!