Monday, June 13, 2005

Charmie's Backpack


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After posting my breastfeeding diaper bag to the blog, reviewing updates to Jan's page(see link in previous post), looking through my scrap fabrics and hearing my son run around calling."backpack, backpack" like Dora the Explorer I decided it would be neat to make him a little bag to tote around his cup and a few small toys. I used Jan's revised smaller diaper bag for the bag pattern but instead of putting a shoulder strap, I put two and attached them like backpack straps. It has the main pocket and 4 pockets around the outside, one on each side of the bag. I didn't put a closure because he's still very young to try to figure one out, but when he bent over and everything dumped over his head I thought that maybe a closure may not be so bad. . . velcro or a button it's another decision for another day. . . Anyway he loves his backpack, he hasn't taken it off yet since I put it on for these photos.


Here's a more centered picture where you can see the embroidery more clearly.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

ok that is toooo cut! i love it! is that clifford material on the other side?

Christi said...

AWWWWW i bet he just loves that!! that is so cute!