Monday, June 06, 2005

I finally made some pads for me!!!


Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

I love cloth pads. And I finally made some for myself. I have been trying to buy some from my friend as she sells them on ebay but at the last minute I kept getting outbid. I bought this fabric but didn't have the motivation or desire to sew them on my own, until today! I don't have some of the materials that I thought I needed to make these nice so I feared investing my time and having them come out ugly or not so comfy but I love how these turned out. I put metal snaps on all but the blue one. It has velcro. I may rip off the velcro and add a snap but for now here's my pads! I used fleece for the backing because of it's stain resistance and it's waterrepellancy. I have some other cloth pads that I purchased that are fleece backed without wings or channels so I know the fleece won't leak, but mine are prettier, and more importantly I made them myself!

4 comments:

Janet Richards said...

Not exactly my thing - but they are cute!

Karina said...

wow! those r awesome!

Jennifer said...

u did do a good job!!! i might need a doreen ray original..
LOL..to add to my stash!

Karla said...

Oh how awesome that you created your own! I've been wanting to do this for several months now...don't know if I have the nerve, but I hear that the store-bought pads contain chemicals (dioxins?) and that using the store-bought pads actually pull more fluid out of you than you would normally shed! (sorry if TMI) Once I tried using some cotton (like from old panties) and my cycle was much shorter and "cleaner". Maybe I can be inspired to try making my own pads from recycled cotton and quit using the store bought ones....