Saturday, June 18, 2005

Happy Father's Day!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Here's the shirt I made for Rocky. I used photo iron on transfer paper and printed photo's that I had taken this year of Rocky and the boys with our digital camera. I also used my embroidery machine to write out Dedicated And Deovted. I had some trials with the machine last night. It ate my shirt a couple of times. I had one ans a half motifs completed and had to rip it all out because I accidentally sewed the back of the shirt and collar into them, of course after the ripping I had to re-hoop and restabalize which on a t-shirt is challenging in and of it self to get it centered. . . . needless to say I finished up around 4 am. I wrote on the transfer paper the scripture Joshua 24:15, "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord." And ironed that on flanking the embroidery. Then first thing this morning I got the boys ready for their handprints and we did those so this should have time to dry for tomorrow!



This wonderful lady in the craft isle gave me a great tip; put lotion or oil onto kids skin when you're painting them for handprints because the paint doesn't stain their skin and washes away easier. . . also it creates a barrier if you're concerned about their skin absorbing the fabric paint. This was my concern because I couldnt find the fabric paints that I needed that were non-toxic.



Over all I'm pleased with how it turned out, though as I downloaded the picture to post it here I realized that I messed up and embroidered "Aand" vs. And. Oh well. I guess it pays to not do stuff like this in the wee hours of the morning. I'm just glad that it's the shortest word, I don't think it's as noticable.



I got the idea for this shirt from a ready made T-shirt of course it had no photos or handprints. I like mine better!

Well it's 10:19 PM on father's day and the shirt was a success! Rocky wore it today, all day, even for his sermon!

5 comments:

Karina said...

thats sooo cool!

Janet Richards said...

He will love it! Great job!

Jennifer said...

wow, that is really cool looking. it inspires me. i'm not that crafty:(

Christi said...

so awesome!!! so did he LOVE it??

Karla said...

Oh wow! I love that t-shirt idea! I bet hubby loved it!

Thanks for the tip about oil on the hands before handpainting - I'll have to try that trick next time!