Sunday, June 12, 2005

Fish Bible Cover


Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com



I finally got my Mom's Devotional Bible and I wanted/needed a cover and I wanted something unique. . . I decided to design and sew my own. It was a little harder than I thought to make it come out exactly like I wanted. So here's the finished functional product. I had this fish batik fabric left over from my 2nd diaper bag attempt. It was the lining for the bag. I said finished but I am still contemplating a pocket with some embroidery, maybe a scripture or something. I'm just not sure yet. This works for now. It has 2 layers throughout, except for in the guesset that contains the zipper. The backing layer is a coordinating canvas. I figured that it would give the cover some extra body as the batik fabric is very flimsy. What you probably can't see very well from these pictures is that there is a handle on the spine side of the cover. A zippered opening that goes around 3 sides, and pockets or flaps to hold the bible into the cover.

I would have liked to make a pencil loop but was too lazy to engineer it into my pattern. I can always add it later.

No comments: